What does it mean to actively search for a job?
An active job search includes participation of the unemployed in:
- individual counselling sessions,
- individual consultations,
- determining the activities in order for them to prepare for employment,
- determining the activities and goals of their individual action plan, alongside with the execution deadlines,
- implementation of activities defined in the individual action plan,
- searching through job vacancies on the HZZ website,
- applying to job vacancies on their own initiative,
- the process of professional selection.
Registration with the Croatian Employment Service (CES)
HOW AND WHERE TO REGISTER?
Unemployed persons and other jobseekers register with the CES in the place of permanent residence, that is, temporary residence. Appointments for individual counselling sessions are made during the registration process.
WHO CAN REGISTER WITH THE CES AS AN UNEMPLOYED PERSON?
Those persons who:
- have not made monthly earnings gained from providing services according to special regulations or have not made monthly earnings, that is, other income in accordance with the income tax regulations, taking into account the data on paid obligatory insurance contributions received from the Central Registry of Affiliates, the amount of which is higher than the average unemployment benefit paid in the previous calendar year.
- have not registered a trading company or other legal entity, that is, do not own more than a 25 % share in a trading company or other legal entity.
- are not members or directors of a cooperative.
- are not a president or members of the management board, neither executive chairman of a company or a liquidator
- are not the owner of a registered handicraft, freelance business, farming or forestry business.
- do not practise any craft work nor subsidiary occupation according to special regulations.
- are not private agriculture insurees according to the pension regulations.
- are not employed according to special regulations.
- are not pension beneficiaries (disability pension beneficiaries due to professional working disability, i.e. pension beneficiaries entitled to disability pension due to partial loss of work ability, as well as family pension beneficiaries, who do not receive the pension, are excluded).
- do not meet the conditions for old-age retirement.
- are not entitled to extended pension insurance on the basis of fixed-term contract for permanent seasonal jobs.
- not included in the social inclusion programme based on the findings and opinions about temporary unemployability issued by the Centre for Vocational Rehabilitation.
- are not regular pupils or students.
IN ORDER TO REGISTER WITH THE CES, YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- a valid identity card and certificate of temporary residence, if you are registering with the CES outside your place of permanent residence;
- certificate of completed education or diploma (original or certified copy); or decision on recognition of qualification acquired abroad issued by the competent agency
- information on OIB (national identification number).
If you are coming from employment and you are submitting a claim for unemployment benefits, you should also attach the following:
- evidence about the reason for termination of employment contract;
- evidence about the average amount of salary reduced by mandatory insurance contributions made in the three-month period preceding the termination of employment contract (for example, confirmation of the employer, payrolls certified by the employer);
- a copy of the bank account card.
Entitlements and obligations
The entitlements and obligations of unemployed persons are regulated by the Labour Market Act (OG No 119/18). Read more here.